1. The Customer must be over the age of 16 and
legally entitled to purchase prescription spectacles
2. The Customer must not be registered partially sighted
3. The Customer must on request produce confirmation that
they are legally entitled to purchase prescription spectacles.
4. The Customer agrees that all details provided, including
address, contact details and payment details are up to date
5. The Customer must have had an eye-test within a 2 year
period and provide correct details of the prescription needed.
All prescriptions must have been given to you by a registered
medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician.
6. We are not liable for any wrongly inputted information
provided by the customer with regard to the ordering of
the prescription lenses.
7. Spexmaniac will rely fully on the prescription you give
8. Unless your optician or medical practitioner has given
you your PD (pupillary distance) to complete your order
fully, we will use an appropriate average PD – which
is set at 60 for us to complete your order. By agreeing
to these terms and conditions, and unless you state otherwise,
you the customer will be agreeing for Spexmaniac to use
an average PD. Spexmaniac would however recommend that you
consult your optician to obtain your PD before ordering,
so that you can place the correct number on your order form.
and Description of goods
1. All goods advertised for sale on the website
are subject to availability. If for any reason an item required
by a customer is unavailable they will be informed immediately
either by e-mail or by telephone and offered a replacement
2. Items that cannot be supplied to the Customer will not
be charged to him/her. We will not be responsible though
for any loss to the customer or damage to any goods that
have not been supplied.
3. All items advertised on the website are an accurate as
possible description of the item supplied to the Customer.
4. Photographs are for illustrative purposes only, and may
not exactly match the product itself.
1. Prices displayed on the Website are correct as of time
of display. However we reserve the right to alter prices
without notice. This does not however affect customers who
have made payment for any item prior to the change in price.
2. All prices displayed are inclusive of UK VAT, which stands
at 17.5%. UK VAT is charged on all sales to customers located
within the UK or within the European Union.
4. Postage and packaging
1. Postage and packaging is charged at £2.50 per
pair of glasses ordered. However this is subject to change.
1. Payment must be made by the Customer at the time of
2. We accept payment by the following Credit Cards Visa
/ Mastercard /Switch / Solo / Maestro.
3. All Credit Card payments are subject to authorization
by the Card issuer. If authorization is declined then we
are not liable for the non-delivery of any ordered items..
4. Any use of a customers Credit Card is entirely at the
Customers own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for
any misuse of a Customers Credit Card.,
5. Cheques are also accepted but the Cheque and payment
must be received before the item is dispatched to the customer.
6. Items will be dispatched to the customer only once the
payment has been received.
7. All payments must be mad in GBP Sterling.
8. Prices shown include VAT.
1. All items will be delivered to the customer after payment
has been received and to the address specified by the customer
on the order form.
2. All items will be delivered in the quickest time possible.
However we cannot be held responsible for the late delivery
before the cessation of the 30 day delivery period, of any
item ordered by a customer through the website caused by
the manufacturer or any other third party.
3. If delivery is not within the agreed time the Company
will arrange another time for delivery. .
4. If for any reason at all (not due to Spexmaniac’s
part) you do not accept delivery of the goods in accordance
with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional
fee to cover any reasonable direct costs (including additional
insurance, delivery and storage)
5. Once the item has been received by the customer any damage
incurred is the responsibility of the customer.
6. When the goods have been delivered the customer must
inspect them carefully. If for any reason the goods are
damaged or lost, please contact us to inform us of the problem
and do not use the goods.
7. All prices exclude delivery
8. Inside each delivery will be confirmation of the prescription,
if the prescription stated does not match the prescription
ordered, please contact us immediately.
9. Spexmaniac will not pay the customer’s costs for
any return of products. To eliminate the risk of a return
getting lost in ttransit, and therefore not being eligible
for a refund, the customer should use a method of returning
the goods to Spexmaniac whereby the customer can obtain
proof that the goods have been sent by the customer and
received by Spexmaniac. Spexmaniac will not issue refunds
for any return of goods which do not arrive at the “Returns
1. If for any reason the customer is unsatisfied with the
item that he/she has ordered then they have 7 days in which
to return the item in question. This will not in anyway
affect the Statutory Rights of the Customer
2. Any items damaged whilst in the possession of the customer
will not be accepted and as a result no refund or alternative
item will be offered. As mentioned all responsibility for
the item passes to the customer once the item has been received.
1. We do not accept any responsibility and will not be
liable for any damage to the goods caused by the customer
once the item has been received.
2. We shall not be liable to any person for any damage or
loss that may arise from the use of any goods advertised
on our site.
3. Without any prejudice to the customers statutory rights,
all the information and materials contained in this website
(including, without limitation, text, graphics and links)
are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty.
We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible
via this site is accurate, complete or current or that the
use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
4. In no circumstances will Spexmaniac or it's employee's,
agents or subcontractors be liable to you the customer for
any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss
of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits
our liability for death or personal injury resulting from
our negligence or any breach of the statutory implied terms
as to title of goods or for fraud or any other liability
which by law we are not permitted to limit or exclude.
6. Our maximum liability (and that of our employees, agents
or subcontractors) to you in connection with any physical
damage caused to your property through the negligence of
us (or our employees, agents and subcontractors) will not
in any circumstances exceed £10,000
7. In all other cases, our total liability (including our
employees, agents and subcontractors) whether in contract,
tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty
or otherwise will not exceed the price of the goods and
services to which the claim relates.
1. Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and
conditions shall not affect our right to enforce the rest
of these terms and conditions
2. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any
time without prior notice to the customer.
3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed
in accordance with English Law.
4. All items listed on the website are subject to availability.
5. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any item to any
customer, as we deem fit.
6. All Logo's and the Spexmaniac Website are Copyright and
the possession of Spexmaniac Limited.
7. We reserve the right to monitor and record any telephone
call that is made to our telephone Hotline.
8. Only you the customer can benefit from this contract.
You the customer cannot transfer your rights or benefit
from this contract to any other person without the prior
permission of Spexmaniac.
9. Spexmaniac's website does not provide medical diagnosis
for any person and must not be used as a substitute for
professional medical advice. Any medical questions must
be directed to your registered Ophthalmic Optician
10. Resale of Goods
1.Goods are sold on the condition that they are not resold
to the public.
of Telephone Calls
1. Spexmaniac may record calls made to our customer services
1. Cookies? Cookies are pieces of information that a web-site
transfers to your computer��s hard disk for record keeping
purposes. When you visit Spexmaniac's website you will receive
a cookie. These help Spexmaniac recognize you as a unique
visitor to our website. This will allow us to tailor content
or advertisements to match your interests. We cannot identify
you personally in any way.
2 Spexmaniac is committed to protecting the Customer's
privacy and to providing the Customer with secure on-line
3. Spexmaniac will ensure that all our employees, agents
and sub- contractors shall, at all times, comply with the
provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to
data received from you in relation to this contract and
shall only process personal data received from you where
necessary to fulfil our obligations under this contact.
4. Spexmaniac may assign or subcontract or any part of this
contract to any third person, firm or company.